Friday, July 12, 2013

[FanGoods] TVXQ + Lee Seung Gi + Tablo + Reply Me 1997 + AKB48

Preview: TVXQ Goods

I got these fangoods as CassPh freebies during TONE album launch and 9G (9th Gathering)! Those are two of the three events I attended out of so many gatherings they have made in the past. With all these Kpop events in my country including CassPh's, 95% of the time I am MIA maybe because I have no one to be with as my company or maybe I was just busy that day. One thing I am sure of though is that when TVXQ or JYJ comes, I should be there! Like in the front row seats. That's all. Haha.





This is probably one of my favorite albums of all time, Rising Sun by TVXQ! It was released back in 2005 and during that time, I wasn't their fan yet but still I'm really glad to know these guys back in '07. One of the first songs that I liked from them is "Rising Sun" so I remember spending a whole lot time watching their music video on Youtube and that I even downloaded it to show it to one of my friends. I was really proud I got to know these guys because they really were amazing and they were a breath of fresh air to me.

I love every track from this album but I'd have to say that my favorite songs are "Unforgettable" and "Love is Never Gone." They are the timeless songs for me and they never fail to cheer me up when I'm sad and make me cry when I'm happy (out of nostalgia I guess). I feel like everyone can relate to these songs, I really love their melody and the way TVXQ sang is the best!

My Rating: Must Listen!



Preview: Lee Seung Gi & Tablo



They are two of my favorite Korean acts outside TVXQ's radar. Of course I knew of Tablo back in Epik High days and with Lee Seung Gi, I got hooked on him 2 years ago (2011).

Tablo's Album Fever's End is his comeback album after 3 years of hiatus with Epik High and as part of taking risks, he co-produced it with YG entertainment. I guess, the members needed to part ways to get a breather from being together and besides Mithra Jin and DJ Tukutz were in the army that time or I guess they are still recovering from the service. Though I won't speak like I'm their biggest fan because I'm not; I have to say that I really miss the whole classy Epik High thing. Their music was popular 5-7 years ago but it was a very deserving feat for them unlike now that you get all these catchy songs taking over the chart. Anyway, my favorite album of Epik High would have to be Map the Soul which I consider a masterpiece. All are purely written by the members and like a great writer that he is, I'm the biggest fan of Tablo's style of arranging his words.

 Map the Soul by Epik High - English Version

Anyway, for Fever's End I remember being so excited about it so in one of the rare cases of fangirling, I purchased the album. Sadly though, the fever didn't last on me that much maybe because I was asking for too much on Tablo's album which is the Epik High hip hop thing. And you would have to blame it on me that I'm only giving this an Average. Perhaps unlike on his works with Epik High, I felt like Tablo was restrained by the sound that is supposed to market with YG Ent... Nonetheless, I really loved the packaging and the artwork on the album, so thank you YG for that and I guess that it was still worth to be included in my collection.



Tonight - This would have to be a very experimental album by Seunggi because he has incorporated the rock genre into ballad songs which turned out to be like his own sound. Prior to it, he has released a rock album in 2007 which I absolutely fangirled on and followed by three ballad albums after which I equally loved.

My favorite songs from this album would have to be "Aren't we friends?" and "Just You"

My Rating: Very Good

Just You - Lee Seung Gi

It feels like he's enjoying this song so much and I really love the beat and melody as well.

Forest - After his experimental 5th album which is Tonight, he came back with a ballad album this 2012 which is a totally heartwarming one. Seunggi's voice sounded like a lullaby most of the time in this album which I find so soothing to my ears. I loved it. My favorite track would have to be An Invitation For Me. Check the video below.

My Rating: Very Good



Preview: Reply Me 1997



My Review on Reply Me 1997

This is a Director's Cut Edition of Reply Me 1997's OST which is composed of  15 tracks including two of Seo In Guk and Jung Eun Ji's duet: All For You and Just The Way We love. This album is mostly packed with 90's songs so other than enjoying the series, I get to be introduced with these classic songs in KPOP as new discoveries. Other than that, I particularly loved the photo album which brings back the memories of Shi Won and Yun Jae together with their family and friends. My favorite songs would have to be the duets by In Guk and Eun Ji.

My Rating: Very Good

Preview: 1830 - AKB48



This is their fourth studio album which has garnered a Million sales in Japan. Though I've known them since '09 because some of the members are fans of Tohoshinki, I've only payed attention to them and their music last year (2012). Timely, they were to release their last album with Maeda Atsuko which I was regretful of (quite drowning in regrets) because Maeda is my favorite member but just to realize that she's graduating from the group after I got into them. It was hella depressing but then I had to cope with that and live and cherish the memories of AKB48 with Maeda Atsuko. Do I really need to deal with such heartbreaks in fandom? (I need not to mention)

My Rating: Very Good
Favorites: Everyday, Katyusha; Flying Get; Kaze wa Fuiteru

No comments:

Post a Comment