Friday, February 26, 2016

First Impression: Descendants of the Sun


Plot: A love story between troop officer Yoo Shi Jin who leads peacekeeping troops in war and Doctor Kang Mo Yeon who dedicates her life to her career.

First Impression:

I didn’t know that this was a rom-com series because there are definitely more than just the snippets I’ve seen. I didn’t expect a lot since I’m in a K-drama slump last year and this year but surprisingly, Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Gyo were boosting with chemistry onscreen. This drama is one of those that you fall in love with at first episode. They also have that slow-motion effect which happens when you have crush on someone and had me grinning so hard.

Song Jong Ki as Shi Jin has a playful and charismatic role. Despite being a valiant army officer, he has that side of him which is rather cute. If something would change in the future, it would be sad because that character is the number one reason why I am inspired to write. Kang Mo Yeon on the other hand is blunt, where she throws her indifference to people like officer Shi Jin who rather acts cool and to her perception is a gangster during their first meeting. Nonetheless, Shi Jin eventually managed to put her guard down where you must anticipate how adorable they can be when flirting.

Maybe I’m spilling the beans but this is not a thriller so we should be more focused on the character development rather than on what happened on the episode. Besides, this is a romantic series so we know what’s in store for us, plus there are more reasons to watch like the bromance and the fight scenes. Things happened so fast in the first episode which makes me think of a rather tragic incident that could happen.


To be honest, I’m at the edge of my seat now because of the preview. I hope that they are misleading me again but if they’re going to cut the funny scenes short, it could be dreading to watch. I hope that they could keep up with a mixture of intense battle and light-hearted scenes.

4 comments:

  1. I loved the two episodes !!!!
    Just finished watching ep 2 !! It so freaking good. The chemistry between the main leads are so astonishing .Looking forward to the ep 3 and four

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great episode, right? I cannot contain my happiness after watching episode 2. I thought it was going to be devastating but I'm glad they can keep up or even surpass episode 1. I laughed a lot more than yesterday which I didn't expect to happen. Haha. Looking forward to next week.

      The chemistry between him and Song Hye Gyo like you said is astonishing. There's this little punch in my heart when they parted but I thought that the impression just got deeper afterwards. Can't wait for more.

      Delete
  2. This drama is super awesome! The last drama that had me this hooked with just the first two episodes out is Healer and it felt like a lifetime ago. Song Joong Ki is back in his game and as charismatic as ever. I am looking forward to the character development as well and specially excited to learn more about Jin Gu and Kim Ji Won's side of the story. Is it just me or their chemistry is beyond the chart? <3 I am so invested that I even did a little research on the Korean military ranks to understand the deal between the two lovers. Anyway, Bring it on #DotS! Please be awesome throughout your run.

    Is it Wednesday yet? Lols.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, today is Wednesday so yes!! <3

    At first, I didn't recognize Kim Ji Won cause she's gotten prettier I think. I also got curious about the military rank but anyway, I just want to know their back story. I really hope they will be able to balance the fun with heavy scenes because I think it's the essence of the drama to elaborate and develop the characters.

    ^^

    ReplyDelete