Monday, July 22, 2013

Review: The Greatest Love


Casts:
Synopsis: 

It's a fun love story revolving around a movie superstar and an ex-member of a then girl-group called The National Treasure Girls which popularity has disappeared overtime. It all started when Dok Ko Jin who has heart problem that led him to undergo operation in the past suddenly experienced his heart beating faster upon hearing an old song, which happens to be a hit track by the girl group where Ae Jung was part of. Meanwhile, in the memory of the past, Ae Jung still uses the song as her ringtone even after 10 years to which Dok Ko Jin recognized. Strangely, being around her makes Dok Ko Jin at ease and he feels healthier that ever, using her as power booster when he feels weak. Due to this, he became clingy to his assumption that the song has healing powers over him and as a result, he developed feelings of attachment and love to her.

Commentaries: 


Overall, this may not be an outstanding k-drama but I will give it a Very Good rating for the following accounts. First, I had fun watching the show as I was really surprised to like this because I'm not a huge fan of rom-com dramas so it took me long to decide whether to watch or not while I contemplate. Second, I'm glad I did because Dok Ko Jin's character is full of crack and not only that, he has his very own style and charisma! He's one of the ahjusshis that I didn't expect to like and more than that, his craziness was unbelievably cute. Third, I liked Gong Hyo Jin as well, she isn't the most attractive actress but her talent is convincing me enough to look beyond her appearance with the fact that her personality would suffice to that. C'mon, I've known lots of beautiful actresses who are a turn off because of them lacking in versatility to their craft. Fourth, I had a lot of fun from watching, and that meant everything to this series while I loved the balance of romance and acting even though sometimes the cheesiness gets in the way which is actually forgiven. I recommend this drama to everyone for the said reasons. Enjoy! <as much as you can>

No comments:

Post a Comment