Thursday, March 27, 2014

Shitsuren Chocolatier (The Finale)


So the roller coaster ride of emotion has finally reached its finale which I thought is the start of more good things to come for Souta (Matsumoto Jun). I liked the concept of the ending. Souta became properly heartbroken, Saeko decided to face her reality which she has long ignored by running away and by indulging herself in chocolates. I’m happy for the characters, and overall, I had the realization as well that instead of wishing to see them change from being immature to a responsible adult, it’s better for the drama to show first the instances that made the characters who they are. Basically, I have so much good things to say probably because I liked how it ended.

Let me first talk about what I didn’t like but this is only a personal wish. Sekiya – san (Kato Shigeyaki) and Kaoruko didn’t happen which made me kind of disappointed. So yep, it’s a really bittersweet ending and no one can escape from being bitter because you will have to develop a bet / OTP through the process. But you won’t really know who would end up together in the finale. It's sad that the only pairing I rooted for didn’t make it. Anyway, much of the heartbreak, the ending was realistic and I appreciate that effort made by the execution of events. To every viewer, you can’t help but to give your piece of comment regarding the bad stuff you witness from the complexity and erratic behavior of the characters however in the end, you will have to understand where they are coming from.

Then of course, the episode still managed to make me laugh most especially at the first scenes where Riku-chan had the realization that he's misunderstood a lot of things; like for example Souta and Sekiya having a relationship and such things. The illusion he’s made with Saeko and Kaoruko being Erena’s friend whom she mentions to him is really crazy to the wildest imagination.

I’m happy for Kaoruko-san in learning how to be happy in her thoughts and for staying as a good friend to Souta. There’s no more bitterness in her heart but only the desire for her friend to comeback  to his passion as a chocolatier. Though Sekiya and her did not happen, at least it was a realistic approach because from the start, she didn't had any romantic feelings for him. I thought it was also clear that her, rejecting Sekiya, though she has exerted effort on him wasn’t put to waste because she  experienced pain and more things about herself and about feelings. Perhaps she didn’t want him to hope for something that could only occur in the perfect universe.

I loved the OST, the piano instrumentation of the background music is really perfect for the cinematography. It has a soothing effect and also, it is refreshing to the ears. For me, it was made more effective despite the loopholes. I also loved Olivier and Matsuri-chan not only because they stayed in love but they did not leave Souta when Choco la vie was falling apart. Instead, they worked so hard even with his absence. So, it doesn’t matter to be heartbroken if you have friends like them who are waiting for your return.

Verdict: Entertaining drama. Erena is so fab!! However, she's too good for what she does together with Souta. I don't know, those two clearly needed each other. I wish they made it official /serious but then, it ended just like this which is also okay and settled somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment