Saturday, July 13, 2013

[FanGoods] Lee Seung Gi + Ayu + NEWS + KAT-TUN + SJJD

Preview: 
Hope Concert 2010 - Lee Seung Gi
Buy the Original Copy
Tonight - Lee Seung Gi




Lee Seung Gi yearly holds his concert in Korea with similar titles 'HOPE' that started back in 2007. This DVD concert was held in 2010 which has two disks including a photobook that is absolutely an eye feast because of a good looking Seung Gi gracing the pages. 

Disk 1 is composed of 21 performances whereas disk 2 is comprised of 5 performances for its encore. Part of the packaging included special features from the behind the scenes of his drama 'My Girlfriend is a Gumiho' and his preparations for this concert. The cast members of MGIAG also made an appearance which wasn't really a surprise but it's good to see them support him.

As one of the best multi-rounded performers that he is, he was able to showcase his amazing stage presence through this concert and it made me respect him even more because he sang all the way out live and he proved himself to be one of the best Korean singers out there. I loved the playfulness of his personality which was shown in his trot performances. I've come to love everything about him despite of being slow at embracing his charm.

My Rating: MUST WATCH!




Preview: 
Rock'n Roll Circus Tour - Ayumi Hamasaki
Buy the Original Copy

This is the Taiwan Version of Ayu's Rock'n Roll Tour DVD. I remember purchasing this one because it comes with 3 disks: the 1st disk is composed of 23 performances, the 2nd one came with 4 performances and the 3rd one is for the special features of her concert series in Japan which is mostly the behind the scenes; where I witnessed how flawless Ayu can be both in her appearance (damn her complexion is perfect without make up on) and as a performer.

Others who have shared reviews on this concert said that this is one of the best of Ayu's, well, I'm not an expert to agree but I gotta appreciate this one. I loved the everything about the concert from the magic tricks in the beginning till the dramatic choreography accompanying the ballad performances. Since this is a rock'n roll themed concert, they showcased a different side of Ayu's talent which she extraordinarily delivered. She really is a performer, is there anything more to emphasize about that? She's the Queen! I mean, out of all the Queens I know, she performs the hardest and the most unique as well. Because of that, I gotta give this concert an excellent rating!

If you're a fan, definitely a must watch! But if you're not, of course you can still be able to watch then love it! But as a precaution, you may feel quite out of placed while watching her for the first few times because everything will sound different and she will take you to a different dimension. I just want to remind you of that before expecting too much as a starting point. I have to be honest that I went through a lot in liking her style but once you get used to it, you will fully appreciate everything more. 



Pacific in Tokyo Dome - NEWS
Buy the Original Copy

This is the first concert of the Johnny's group NEWS in Tokyo Dome which is quite memorable for the group. NEWS by the way is originally a six member group from one of the JE boybands composed of ex-members Yamashita Tomohisa, Ryo Nishikido and the current remaining members  Tegoshi Yuya, Masuda Takahisa, Koyama Keiichiro and Kato Shigeyaki. My favorite member would have to be Tegoshi because he sangs best and I find him kawaii from head to toe. Anyway, this DVD came with two disks: 1st is for the concert and the 2nd is for the BTS of the tour.

My favorite song from them would have to be Cherish which is a song released back in 2005 and I consider this song as their trademark because it's so NEWS'ish, no one could have sang it better than they did of course. It's a pity that two of their members parted ways from the group and for whatever reasons they have, I respect it. Though it was depressing because I didn't foresee that coming. I'm just glad that the four members took courage to pursue the group but now, I don't follow them as much as I did back in 2008-2010.

If you're into kpop, probably watching this concert is more worthwhile than watching some other kpop groups. I'm sure kids will like this because NEWS is really colorful.



Break the Records - KAT-TUN
Buy the Original Copy

Perfection. This concert is all about it. No explanations needed and questions asked. This has got to be one of my favorite purchases ever as KAT-TUN is ever glorious in this concert. These guys are so talented, everyone has something to showcase for themselves and they don't stick to one genre which is absolutely a great thing from them. These guys never bore me.

During the peak of their career, they were able to hold a concert 8-days straight at Tokyo Dome which is a history in Japan. It's such a waste that Akanishi Jin left the group later on probably around 2010 or '11 (I don't really remember), seriously and it's one of the biggest disappointments I got in Jpop, ever! I was really sad of his departure because they were doing really great as a group until the inevitable happened. However, everyone moved on and I wish them well for the present and in the future, hoping and praying their friendship is still intact if there ever was formed, and they should never close their doors for a reunion. Perfection, please?

My Rating: MUST WATCH!



First Live Tour in Japan - SJJD

I didn't know whether to be jealous of the built of these SJJD girls because they're so skinny except for HyoHyeon or shall I feel compassion towards them because they seem to not getting enough food and sleep? Nonetheless, they looked just as what is expected of them. Most of the time they were lip syncing which I believe has affected the way I perceive them as performers or whatever they want their image to be presented in Japan. I don't know really because I have no idea whether they seriously want the job, were they passionate about it or were they just being forced? But in fairness to them, they got the talent. What they need to work on more is their consistency. There are times where it feels like everyone does well while there are days where they seem to lose it. It's about doing a hundred percent at everything regardless of the outcome. Anyway, I wish them the best.

My Rating: Acceptable




No comments:

Post a Comment