Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Review: K-drama Dump



1. Boys Over Flowers - Episode 10
WATCH IT ONLINE!
Korea Version


I was a fan at first, downloaded all 10 episodes until I decided to stop from there. This drama made quite a stir among fans on which version was the better and the best, is it the Japanese, the Taiwanese or the Korean one and everytime I read such arguments, I thought Korean version doesn't even go near the chemistry of the Taiwanese and Japanese F4, other than providing really great visuals. Kim Hyun Joong's flat acting and Goo Hye Sun's over acting made it even worse. You should know that I'm a huge fan of Meteor Garden and Hana Yori Dango but Boys Over Flowers deserves to be in this dump.

Rating: 2/5 - Miss


2. You're Beautiful - Episode 13
I was a bigger fan of this drama but unfortunately, I stopped. I was so fond of Jang Geun Suk, Park Shin HyeHong Ki and most especially to Yong Hwa until episode 13 came. You can call it childish but I dropped it because Go Mi Nam was going to Tae Kyung's side and I just felt it's so unfair for Shin Woo. Wow I still can remember their names. I think this drama is really better than BOF, it's just that I'm the problem, I can't deal with seeing Shin Woo's heart broken. Aww </3 

Rating: 3.8/5 - Hit


3. Personal Taste - Episode 12
WATCH IT ONLINE!


I really liked this drama at first because it's Lee Min Hoo and Son Ye Jin. These are two of my favorite actors but I think that they missed the spark, the supposedly magic to make things work for the series. A for their effort to build their chemistry though.

Rating: 3/5 Average


4. Sung Kyung Kwan Scandal - Episode 18
WATCH IT ONLINE!

First of all, I'm a self proclaimed JYJ/TVXQ fan and for a first project, Yoochun did fairly well. The bonus of this drama is that I was introduced to Song Joong Ki, Yoo Ah In and Park Min Young so that alone makes me contented. I downloaded until I stopped watching, I really had to stop to end it in my pleasure. To be honest, I was more interested in Yoon Shik and SunJoon's story than the rest so I know that I was missing a lot of details in this drama. Is it a hit or a miss? I think it's still a hit for the reason that even non-Cassies watched it and it was a good exposure for Yoochun and to the rest of the casts.

Rating: 3.5/5 - Hit


5. Heading To The Ground - Episode 8
Witness Yunho's Aegyo :)

This drama is a miss. I still love you though singer-Yunho!

Rating: 2/5 - Miss


6. Protect The Boss - Episode 4
I see Seo In Guk in Jaejoong
Japan Version
OST

I streamed this series online only to cheer for Kim Jaejoong. LOL. Kidding aside, I think the cast is solid and Jaejoong did his best but I had to stop because I find it hard to look for reasons to continue watching, as simple as that.

Rating: 2/5 - Miss


7. Tree With Deep Roots - Episode 3
WATCH IT ONLINE!

I downloaded this and basing from what I saw, this drama is high quality. However, since this drama is dark I guess? International fans weren't as interested to check it out. Thus I can't find softsubs for my raw videos so I stopped. Do I have regrets dropping it? A bit.

Rating: 4/5 - Hit
I'm reconsidering watching this because I just finished Chuno and Jang Hyuk is amazing!


8. The Moon That Embraces The Sun - Episode 18
WATCH IT ONLINE!
I love this drama but I already anticipated a happy ending so I stopped. Kim Soo Hyun was phenomenal as a king and I became one of his subjects. All hail the King! But then if I have one thing to complain, as much as I love Han Ga In, their team up just doesn't work on me maybe because she's older and married.

Rating: 4/5 - Hit


9. My Princess - Episode 15
WATCH IT ONLINE!
OST

Only 1 episode left then I could have finished this. It was a predictable ending anyway so I didn't go any further from here. Is it a miss or a hit? I think it's still a hit because I loved the chemistry between Kim Tae Hee and Song Seung Hun.

Rating: 3.8/5 - Hit


10. Missing You - Episode 18
WATCH IT ONLINE!
OST

I knew Harry was going to lose his mind in the end which made it hard for me to continue. To me, this is just an average drama but Yoo Seung Hoo was very attractive, the reason to keep me interested. Hence, when the ending had to come, I also had to stop watching just because.

Rating: 2/5 - Miss

No comments:

Post a Comment