Sunday, June 30, 2013

J-Dorama Recommendations: Part II


 1 Litre of Tears
Hong Kong DVD - The Movie

How could I possibly miss this out in my first entry, seriously? But this one is definitely one of the unforgettable dramas that surely made me appreciate life even more. 


This is a true to life story of Ikeuchi Aya played by Erika Sawajiri, a 15 year old girl who suffered from an incurable disease called spinocerebellar degeneration. It is the gradual deterioration of the cerebellum that makes it difficult for the patient to walk, speak, write and even eat. She felt the burden of everyone around her because it hinders her to do her daily routine. That made her decide to quit school and transfer in an institution that provides special care to patients like her. Everyone was sad to her departure however the most touching part was when she told herself "I didn't have to leave if they tried to make me stay." That made me cry a lot in realization. 

My Rating: MUST WATCH!!!

My Absolute Boyfriend
OST

Are you looking for a perfect boyfriend? If you want a heart pounding experience through a promising qualities of a boyfriend, then maybe Night Tenjo (Mokomichi Hayami) is for you. He is an automated ideal kareshi (boyfriend) to Riiko Izawa (Aibu Saki). He may be a robot but he values humanity more than anyone else which Riiko didn't fail to be acknowledge. It would be exciting at first for Riiko to have someone who would do all the chores at home but in the long run, Night has engaging and deep qualities to be ignored.

My Rating: It exceeded my expectation! This made me cry!

Yukan Club

This is a perfect club of people who are randomly solving mysteries to pass time. I think this was fun overall and never boring to me most especially that this was Akanishi Jin's comeback series and he's together with Taguchi Juno, his former co-member in KAT-TUN <kyaa~>.

My Rating: Enjoyable!

Seigi No Mikata

Makiko (Yamada Yu) is a devilish sister to Nakata Yoko (Shida Mirai). However, her ill nature is unknown to most people and strangely, the odds are always in her favor, making her the center of achievements in the eyes of everybody.

To be honest, despite the description, the sibling relationship was funny.

My Rating: Enjoyable!

 Atashinchi no Danshi
Original DVD

What a series! I thought the characters are really hilarious and weird to begin with. It depicts a story of different personalities coming together to build a relationship but it seems that everyone has their own world even though they are living together in one roof.

My Rating: Enjoyable!

Yamato Nadeshiko Henge

Sunako (Oomasa Aya) is a weird and spooky girl who locks herself in her room and never comes out until one day, her auntie sent some guys to turn her into a lady in exchange for board and lodging. However, the task is not easy as Sunako's interest is weird and nothing lady like. Find out how the guys will pursue their mission!

"Mabushi!" which means "bright" - lol, Sunako says that everytime he sees Takano Kyohei (Kamenashi Kazuya).

My Rating: Enjoyable!

Meichan no Shitsuji

Mei (Eikura Nana) is an ordinary girl who turned out to be a heiress of fortune. One day, Shibata Rihito (Mizushima Hiro), an outstanding butler has been appointed to serve her as she transferred to St. Lucia Girl's Academy where all students have butlers. On the other hand, her childhood friend, Kento (Sato Takeru) enrolled in a butler school to stay close to her.

<Screams though. I wanted a butler like the ever gorgeous Mizushima Hiro.>

My Rating: Enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment