Monday, June 10, 2013

Review: Hong Gil Dong


Release Date: January 2, 2008
Genre: Period, Drama, Comedy, Action
Characters:

Kang Ji-hwan as Hong Gil Dong
Sung Yu-ri as Heo Yi-nok
Jang Keun-suk as Lee Chang-hwi

Synopsis:

One of our heroes in the Joseon Dynasty and was dubbed as the Korean Robinhood, popularly known as Hong Gil Dong, is a burglar of corrupt government officials. He's done his job to return the favor to the people who was rubbed of their money and rights by the greedy authorities. As he was able to do his mission a la ninja, Hong Gil Dong eventually won the hearts of the people. Sounds interesting, right? To continue the story with my blurry memory of 2009, I will recall what it had made me feel, that which is incomparable, irreplaceable and one of a kind. 


Comments:


This drama series which is driven by mixture of heart, mind and soul working together gave me so much pleasure while watching. What exactly made Hong Gil Dong as people's hero? To perfectly put this, like in the description I put above; when heart, mind and soul were to work together, you can never go wrong. And this drama did it in which a hero was born to function rather well as a motivator, inspiration and  guiding pillar than someone else who is flawless with  extraordinary skills at creating heroic instances though given in his character.

Hong Gil Dong whether born or made is a reality. Hong Gil Dong, just like everyone else is a person, he is not a hero in exaggerated tale of greatness. <Hi there most of you who are highly budgeted that fits perfectly well for entertainment of which failed miserably at substance! (LOL pls forgive me)> He is lively and cheerful who can  be easily touched by sincerity and depth. Furthermore, he is not driven by personal gain nor interest but rather to be his own person. Hong Gil Dong is someone that resides in each of us which we fail to acknowledge most of the time.

Ok though. Most of you would probably think I was lying with a flying duck when I mentioned he executes his plans flawlessly which is contrary to the description I put afterwards. Well, of course in order for the drama to claim its crown of glory, they must put effects on it but you must go deeper than that. I perceived those effects as a bonus which I gladly took but didn't manage to show half of what it's worth. What really annoys the heck out though is that sometimes people can't distinguish the differences. And I need to type this out that you must check out this drama to agree with me.

Though I described  it with much weight, there are also fun reasons to love it and those are the precious ice breakers! You'll L-O-V-E them to bits! Obviously, it is deemed as a favorite. 5/5 for this Excellent drama series!

No comments:

Post a Comment