Thursday, June 13, 2013

Review: Chuno The Slave Hunters

Oh My Goodness. If I were to put this in one word, it's BADASS! Gaaaad, I'm only at episode 8 of Chuno and it's making me want to give it a perfect 10/10 ratings already! I really want to give this series a special treatment because they deserve it, I felt like the story is a well thought of together with the mind-blowing scenes. Everything is just perfect based on what I've seen so far that it makes me want to shed some tears right here. *insert incomprehensible spazz here and there*  I'm so hyped up right now, I can't even think straight! Goodness this series is too good to be true, how the heck was it possible? I'm 3 years late and I'm only seeing this now, where in the world have I lost myself into to miss this out?! Heck. Honestly, I am pressured to do a review so I'm not gonna do that, I will fail badly and there won't be any redemption to that I suppose. HAHA!! So I think it's a better idea to share in this blog what I feel regarding this series as I go on watching. Hopefully, it will turn out to be a decent entry which I think is hard. There will be a lot of spazz that will take place. 


Before anything else, I would like to virtually play one of its OSTs which I think has given justice to this drama, Stigma by Im Jae Bum. 

<Breathe in. Breathe out.>

To give you an idea where I'm coming from, probably you are thinking by now I'm really choosy when it comes to dramas I'm watching because I sound really bias at everything I've reviewed so far but that's not true. You can read my review on Shining Inheritance, even though it's one of my favorites, I tried to be neutral in giving my final judgment on the series to prove to you I'm not exaggerating here. But anyway, exaggerated or not, I don't care as long as I can tell you what makes Chuno special which is more important to me. 

Moving on, South Korea is known to produce a lot of dramas in which plenty of those are made to be period or historical. I wouldn't deny, each drama has their own special uniqueness in them which will make you lose your sanity in choosing which one is the better drama or which one is the best. So far, CHUNO has made it so easy to me and I don't know how to explain it to you since you haven't seen it and my bad as well for having not seen every period dramas Korea has ever made. Gut feels tell me though that I don't have to watch the others because I've already seen enough. < lol confused>

LOL Goodness I haven't even started talking about the drama yet. But of course I have to and I know that!
Basically the story has a leading character, Daegil. However they made the story complex so that there would be more rooms for others to shine. This explains why their poster is confusing but regardless of that, it wouldn't make a huge difference to where the story is leading and to whom it will be focusing in the end. The drama made the supporting roles significant by giving them their background as a foundation to their roles in order to complement the main star of this series which I think they've done so well. It's a very rare case to witness how significant supporting roles can be and instead of stealing the spotlight from the main character, they made him even more interesting. That alone is a perfect reason for me to love this drama. 

<From here let's change the mood of my entry to Gloomy 30s which is also one of their amazing OSTs.>
This song is overly used while the action takes place and I'm not complaining. It perfectly suits the mood  adding to the effects. Daegil played by Jang Hyuk is so badass! Even men will fall for this guy lol! I just read somewhere that others have turned down the role and one of them is Lee Jun Ki, remember the guy from Iljimae? That one. I'm really glad and thankful he turned it down otherwise, I feel that Daegil wouldn't be as effective.

Note: I promise to edit this out after I finish the series.
Guys, it's so good! You can watch it online and that's what I'm doing because the torrents are old, it takes work and time to get you a copy of it. I can recommend to you gooddrama(dot)com. I promise you it's a high quality series, I get nothing from talking about them but because I thought it would be great for everyone to know, then I'm sharing this. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment