Thursday, September 19, 2013

Review: Waiting for Love

Rating: 
Story: Average
Cuteness: Excellent
Acting: A+

Synopsis:
It’s a story that is inspired by the desire of the characters to find love through the course of a perfect dating process.

Yeon Ae (BoA) believes in fairy tale romance which should set off perfectly. She’s someone whom will always love the other person more even though the feeling wasn’t mutual or serious for the guy. Hence, she had always set high expectations in dating; that is faithfulness at all cost. Until one day, she caught the guy cheating right before her eyes. She felt a failure in womanhood because she can't hold a grip of the guy she's interested with so she decided to start attending a dating class wherein at one session, her ridiculous video of putting off a scene as the 'octopus girl' in front of everyone was uploaded in the internet which garnered a lot of attention. Even though her face was not revealed in the video, she felt frightened by the thought of everyone finding out her identity. And so, she has developed social anxiety manifestations when she’s riding the train. 

Significantly, she received help from a dating guru whom she only connects with through text, Cha Ki-Dae (DanielChoi). However, he only knew her as the octopus girl who ridiculed herself but never as her real identity. The same thing for Yeon Ae, he’s someone who’ll only exist in her phone inbox. In order to start working for love, she has to find a target for her lessons to undertake.

Coincidental to her lesson, she found a partner whom she will work on the advises she got from Cha Ki Dae. He is Jung Jin-Kook (Im Siwan), a nerdy type of guy who’d prefer to be traditional in dating. Anyhow, he can be really romantic and faithful given that he really likes the girl. For this case, he could be that person whom Yeon Ae could fall in love with.

Comments:

I enjoyed this drama. I thought 2 episodes wouldn’t be enough to feed me with my needs for Siwan (ZE:A) but I think in the end, I was satisfied overall thinking of how to survive all the cheesiness in the story if it was stretched longer than that. I never really liked the plot though. I thought I’ve come pass this stage of enjoying romantic-comedy series so I would prefer dramatic courses of storyline. But then, I was really engrossed of the visuals. I mean, BoA, Siwan, Daniel Choi whom was channeling Park Yoochun with his hairstyle and down to the the nerdy specs of his, very Yoochun like in Rooftop Prince - that modern version of Prince Lee Gak. He has the same body built as Yoochun as well but their acting were two very distinctive things. IT triggered my inner BoA-Chun ship that was buried long time ago which I occasionally miss from time to time. I wonder if Daniel would really ever look the same as Yoochun in BoA’s eyes though. Those things were running through my mind and was probably distracting me from the story. Ok, just forget everything I said if this isn’t relevant to you.

I loved the acting, I think that everybody was excellent. I came to know this rookie actress who played the role of Cha Ki Dae’s girlfriend Choi Sae Rom, actress Kim Ji Won. I think that she’s a stunner and I believe she snagged a role in The Heirs too so can’t wait to see more of her in her next project.

The drama is not flaw free, it actually has a lot of it. But I loved the atmosphere from the drama. For example, the comical transformation of Siwan as Jin Guk which was cute, fresh and innocent. I loved the tease they made with BoA and Daniel Choi's characters as well with the transition of their scenes together but in reality they are apart but the location was the same where it was shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment