Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Shitsuren Chocolatier Episode 9-10

I don't know how the drama does this to me. Despite the given stupidity of the characters in their own ways, I have a deep sense of appreciation whenever they reflect on their actions and their thinking like a normal person would. Souta became aware of the mistakes he's done and is even confused if the love he has for Saeko is wrong or bad. Nonetheless, he knows the obvious thing that is they are committing adultery but he's just crazy about her, he doesn't know how to justify his actions other than his long due love for Saeko. On the other hand, Kaoruko-san has realized how unpleasant she comes out in front of others, most especially to men. Saeko has become instrumental in that process for Kaoruko-san to attain that self awareness. She was stunned by how Saeko would guess the personality of the person she's talking about, but the most exciting and the most surprising part is that she's affected by Sekiya's cold shoulders in his text reply "in detail". Though I also want to know the point of view of his, he really doesn't show interest on her or maybe I misunderstood him as well. Sekiya is somewhat a passive personality who would be sensitive and he wouldn't exert himself to people who doesn't show concern to him. Thus, he distanced himself from Kaoruko-san. Given in the first few encounters, she talked so much about Souta and her displeasure on him, who wouldn't be pushed away? However, the fact that he agreed to an invitation by Kaoruko means something. Seeing how complicated the characters are, it makes them more human in-spite of all the crazy attributes they got.

I am suddenly taken aback by Souta's rejection to Erena. Dude, there's no respect involved in their friendship at all and it shows when he kept her waiting for uncertainty. Seriously, I don't expect much from Souta now because he doesn't seem to have control over his feelings and I was disappointed at this guy because of his level of emotional maturity. I would diagnose him as having split personality or something like that instead of a heartbroken one. Furthermore, he lost his passion for new concepts with his chocolate creations unlike before. This happened since he involved himself to Saeko. Ahh, what a frustrating situation they got. At the same time, I feel sorry to her because she has experienced violence in her own household. She's all cheerful outside but deep inside her, is an half empty soul. I wish this drama would give her strength to figure things out.

Verdict: I feel like I have given up hoping to see more of Sekiya -san no matter how much I miss Shige (his real name). But I'm not giving up my hope for him and Kaoroku to happen because they deserve each other. While for Souta, he deserves Erena because "misery loves company". So there, I'd make my overall verdict which would be so over the place like how this drama is made on my review. So far so good, I have gone this far in watching and this is all I have to react. Hope the subs will be available soon for the last episode. And I wish for Souta to man up at least on the last episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment