Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Shitsuren Chocolatier Episode 8

I wanted to update what has been going on in this drama so I'll take advantage of my mood to do this. For the past three days, I managed to catch up from episode 3-8 so I was feeling happy and accomplished because I have so many reaction regarding the characters and the development of the story. Obviously, if you're exposed to the Shitsuren fandom, you would notice that a lot of people have mixed emotions regarding this drama - which I don't question why because it's as good as it is bad. So let me talk about the good as well as the bad points in this series which are influential on how you see it in totality. Let's do this!


The pathway of romance in this drama is introduced early and is pretty much all about this series. It all started with a heartbroken guy, Souta who studied in Paris to be a Chocolatier, inspired by his ex girlfriend or lover Saeko, who was passionate towards chocolates. When they broke up, he wanted her to regret her decision of not choosing him. So he was driven by such thought to be successful. Basically, it's where his inspiration in making chocolate comes from. That premise is very clear, right? However in this drama, a series of  events or should I say foolishness happens in every single episode because of unrequited love by Souta. So now, I'm at episode 8 which I hoped would finally make him - the heartbroken chocolatier - break free from his first love. But that was too much for my expectation. I should have known better by now that he has a very wide range of imagination, it's ridiculous! I wonder when will he get better for himself. I was really disappointed, so I vented out a portion of that on twitter but isn't enough to suffice my emotion. Hence, I'm here.

What 's the point of this impulsive rant over this series? It's immature, which I have gotten from this series. How could Souta dump Erena like that and how could he conclude so fast through his promise of seeing her the night of 14? Why in the world would Saeko leave home to sleep with Souta? How could Kaoruko-san feel so wrong about herself? Seriously I don't know how to answer these questions and making some rational answers to these weaknesses in the characters would be really difficult.

Verdict: This drama is full of foolish adults - referring on the circle of people that Souta has. Kaoruko -san, on the hand made some point regarding being herself as disgusting because you know, differences in nature. But what I'm most concerned of is Souta - I mean, he's constantly being toyed without his awareness. How would you call that? Saeko is a selfish individual, she's a frustrating character and I don't understand her actions.

Erena on the other hand was beautiful and classic in this episode. What I mean is that - apart from her awesome acceptance of who Souta is,  she's stunning and her hair was a classic curl it reminds me of the 70s. Wow. Anyway, girl you did amazing, at least for one.

Side Comment: I didn't see any Shige existence in this episode which was kind of sad. I hope to see more of him on the next episode and I wish to see the progress of him with Kaoruko-san.

I love the OST!! Yay!! So this is where the motivation to continue comes. The piano arrangements are very excellent and it's purely good vibes to listen to. I also love "Bittersweet" sang by Arashi which never fail to cheer up my mood. Also, I have to mention the eye catching chocolates prepared by Souta. They all look like a piece-of-art sweets so really, props on this drama at least, they are doing well in starring the chocolates. The way Saeko eats them is like a commercial on TV and it makes me crave for some. I guess, those are real good aspect of the series.

Recommended, but it still depends. It's not boring though - love / hate relationship with this one. The fact that I'm talking about it, at least it caught my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment