Wednesday, January 8, 2014

"In A Good Way" Episode 6


This is a dream-like episode to our heroine Jia En as she mesmerized the Christmas Party of Cheng Dong University with her transformation in a beautiful dress, year 1996. Meanwhile, the chance of 3631 to finally reveal himself to his online friend, Jia En did not push through because of the circumstances that happened in between the planned confession and carrying it out. Hence, the mystery of 3631 has been stretched longer on to the next episode. I am not complaining though, as for I understand, they focused on the Christmas ball and the growth of Jia En as a woman. It's cute however, that Liu Chuan is jealous of his virtual rival that is 3631, his online identity. Well, boy you need to step up your game or else 3631 is gonna snatch Jia En's heart first.

Hello there, so we have here another juicy episode of In A Good Way. This drama is so interesting, really. Just when you think you have things figured out, it gives you an awkward reality. The characters are well developed and loved by the writer so much as each have their own spotlight given to them. That makes Liu Chuan and Jia En's roles supplemented by the supporting casts, as everyone becomes a tool to each other's growth and change. Speaking of spotlight, I like Ren Wei so much now. His responsibility being a good friend to Jia En is admiring which is different from the Ren Wei we've seen in episode 1, even when we say it's a platonic love that they share. I'm glad they are actually each other's brother and sister. I don't want them to have romantic relationship or whatsoever because what they have now is precious. Though I feel that Ren Wei has so much potential in him to unleash as an ideal man both for Bai Xue and Jia En.

Speaking of character development, Jia En shined in this episode while Liu Chuan took a step backward from his usual upfront and transparent rationality to deal with problems. It's good to see him flawed and that it makes him even more human. I know that like Jia En, he's not perfect but what I like about him is that he overthinks. Maybe because I myself, overthinks a lot too which causes me to be conscious all the time. So, I can totally relate to his awkwardness to come out, how realistic it was portrayed was something that In A Good Way can only pull off. I mean, knowing Liu Chuan, he's a character to be admired but then, we also have to put him in a strange light.

Meanwhile the trio "Men of Steel" - Ah Di, Jacky, and Ren Wei are definitely whack! Guys are so funny and weird but not depressing at all, if ever they act like all drank, it's still hilarious. I wonder where the other Man of Steel has went though, wish he'd come back and join the fun.

Oh em gee. We can't miss out the charms of the two Musketeers, Ri Qi and A Qing too, as they both tried to get closer to the two friends of Jia En, Xiao Wei and Tracy. I think that these two can totally melt my heart away from Liu Chuan for the meantime. I love how Ri Qi approached Xiao Wei and talk about his family's business. Furthermore, A Qing trying to catch Tracy's attention  is very enticing, because boy is cute but Tracy is still giving him cold shoulders despite that. Oh em gee why can't you just grab the opportunity to get to know him. But then, I can't blame her sometimes because he's too straightforward and you wouldn't know his motives to her. Anyhow, it's clear that he has interest to her, because he finds her pretty which she actually is.

I have to make a new paragraph for Ri Qi's coming out in this episode though. Being the wanderer of the group, he comes off as a matured person and that explains why oh my goodness he made me squeal at times for giving Xiao Wei lingering stares. Plus the way he projects himself differently from everyone is noticeable in this episode. I wish, to see more of him in the future.

This episode ended with a question. Will 3631 be found out finally in the next episode or not?

Overall, once again, it's an episode to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment