Friday, May 2, 2014

Review: Ashita, mama ga inai (Tomorrow, mom won't be here)


Synopsis: The story is about children who have found shelter, purpose and direction, friendship and family through Kogamo no Le, an orphanage headed by a middle aged man named Maou. The kids have different backgrounds of where they came from, and for the essence of it in the drama, the issues were resolved one by one as they go through challenges and growth at such a tender age.

Just a brief background of the series, the story has raised attempts by the government or group of people who are against its broadcast to put an end to it because it involves violence, child abuse and mental disorder which isn't an acceptable issue that the country is facing. Fortunately, they were able to wrap it up even with the said attempts to halt its airing.
Review:


This has to be the drama that brought me to tears this year, without the kids having to exert much effort in acting and the production team to be flashy in their cinematography. I have been missing j-dramas for quite a few years now, because I've always thought that in the past, they were more appealing to me. It's a subjective thing, because my taste tend to be the boring one as compared to others but this drama has brought back the classic j-dorama feeling I have been wanting to experience once again. So yeah, I'm quite happy, thankful and feeling accomplished to be watching a series worth of the time, wait and at the same time, something that is adorable. Thanks to the kids who made it really interesting and kawaii.


Though I quite understand the discussions made whether to stop or continue airing the drama, I think that those who oppose it are looking at the negative side  of things. I thought that they should focus more on the good side that it brings to the viewers like for example how the drama managed to showcase the talents of the kids. They were brilliant at portraying their respective roles and Ashida Mana was the character to deserve much recognition. Everyone's amazing and even with so much talent going on, you can have a dose of cuteness that you can't get enough with. The acting was superb, I would like to see these four young girls to act together again, and the Patchi and his second version made me want to take them home because of overflowing cuteness. Everyone was amazing and I must say that I was really moved by the emotion and tone of the drama, which is why in the end, I really felt for Posuto and Maou.


This drama is as tagged highly recommended because it's a unique offering, close to perfection, it has so much substance, and you get to see a new side of entertainment that you can't have in any other drama. Besides, what I love about it, i don't get too attached because it only aired for two months but it took me 3 months to finish which is not a bad thing at all for me whom I considered as partly busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment