Monday, April 7, 2014

K-drama Updates that made me Giddy!


Jang Hyuk and Jara to Reunite in Fated To Love You

I still can't believe this is happening because Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara together just brings back so many childhood memories. Bright Girl is one of the oldest kdramas I've watched in the early 2000s on our local TV channel. But I've only remembered who the characters were in restrospect after being finally immersed in the business. This is a squeal worthy news and even though I'm not a fan of Fated To Love You, as an adaptation of the Taiwanese drama, count me in because the two actors are in my generation of classic & legend.


Lee Jun Ki as the Joseon Gunman

More good news for me! Yesterday, I heard that Lee Jun Ki is coming back in sageuk dramas as the "Joseon Gunman" which is written by the same great mind behind "The Princess Man". It adds to my excitement because I have seen TPM and I really liked the characterization given to Moon Chae Won & Park Shi Hoo which is one of their best so far. It makes me really look forward to the story. Going back to Lee Jun Ki, I'm a fan of his in Iljimae and it was one of the kdramas that I dearly appreciate and love because of his excellence in portraying the role. Also, I think it was the last time of his drama that fared well in ratings while his dramas that came after that was just averagely accepted by the masses. Anyway, in his new project, he will play the role of Park Yoon Kang, a man who used to be Chosun's best swordsman. His character throws away the sword for the gun when his father and a female character dies from the sword. Isn't that an interesting plot? So I'm really crossing my fingers that it will exceed our expectations. The drama is slated to be aired Wednesdays & Thursdays on June.


Jung Kyung Ho in Endless Love

Doctor's Son of Heartless City is back! Let's celebrate that. He will take the role of the main lead of the 50 episode, weekend drama. The story is set in 1980s Korea against a political and economic backdrop, and it will revolve around the love of a female lead, Hwang Jung Eum (Secret) who is expected to form a love triangle with his brother in the series - to whoever will take the role is not confirmed yet. I'm hoping that it will be someone full of angst and of charisma like Jung Kyung Ho. I'm not a fan of weekend dramas but maybe I have to find 50 hours of my time for this. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment