Sunday, February 23, 2014

Halftime Report: Pasta (2010)

 Casts:
Gong Hyo Jin as Seo Yoo Kyung
Lee Sun Gyun as Choi Hyun Wook
Synopsis:

This is Pasta-in-love centered about the romance shared between a chef and a cook in the kitchen. The main attraction, other than the food is the spark brought by the sentiment of romance and the comedic tone of this drama that is grabbing and well delivered. With all the moments worthy of the eyes, heating up and tossing the emotions in the pan, it's a very sweet treat that anyone could enjoy.

Commentaries:

I’ll be focusing on the three best essentials about this drama so that I can emphasize the things that I love about it. 

I've been wanting to watch this drama for a long time now but it was only three days ago that I finally committed myself to watch because of the good reviews I’ve read and heard. I finished this first half, why did it take me so long to watch this? I can say that this is actually an above average Korean drama that I should have seen way before I started. But this is better than never, at least. I started reviews I'iite of my hectic schedule with school and rest. hen. These, to me, are the main pove average Kor

First, what I liked most about this drama, there was no dull moments all throughout the 10 episodes so far so good. It was delivered through the chemistry of the two lead actors – which I could go on flailing about for days. Plus, in this drama I discovered how glorious Lee Sun Gyun’s voice is that I fell in love with. Everytime he shouts or even speak, I could feel my heart flutter because he sounds very charismatic with his deep and sexy voice and I can’t help myself from spazzing over it. Gong Hyo Jin on the other hand, as expected is a very versatile actress. She’s one of the actresses that I think is very excellent in portraying her roles. I have seen at least four (4) of her dramas, and she never once failed to leave me awestruck. She’s a very natural actress and it transcends to her chemistry with Lee Sun Gyun and their overall onscreen team up. The acting of Lee Sun Gyun is my first-hand time to appreciate. Though I have seen him before in Coffee Prince, I couldn’t really pay attention to his voice because it was only dubbed that time by our local TV. Hence, this time I was able to appreciate his acting more.

Second, aside for our hero and heroine, the beautiful plating of the pasta was delicious and inviting to the eyes for the cinematography. It’s also commending how they portrayed the cooking of the pasta and the processes that happens in the kitchen before they get served. These, to me, are what kept me going to watch despite of my hectic schedule with school and rest. Chef Choi is sexy to look at when he commands his team, so he couldn’t get any more charismatic. Seo Yoo Kyung is the only person in the kitchen who sees him in a different light because he’s had interaction with him outside the premises of the kitchen so she knew him better than anyone. As she developed crush on him, she always tend to smile and mesmerized by whatever the Chef does. In return, Chef has tolerated her stubborn and un-womanlike attitude through her persistence to work and become a Chef someday. In the long run, he even helped her to cook better pasta. Because the Chef has seen her hard work and witnessed it first hand, he eventually developed affection for her as I seen them become cute around each other despite the constant bickering.

Third, the supporting cast (Team Italy) is a team of three gorgeous guys that will treat you with the visual spices in the kitchen onscreen. Their presence in this drama would bring some action without interfering with the flow of the story; while being led to the scenes of more fun and excitement. This enticed me and kept me interested throughout the episodes, so I really do look forward to what they could offer for the next episodes to come.

Verdict –  Highly Recommended
Despite of being an above average drama, this will probably be one of my favorite above average dramas ever. Its short comings are just really so short that you could let those things go. Actually, they can’t even be considered as weaknesses but an advantage because they chose to be focused with Pasta and romance. The most important element is the process of making pasta and the harmony of everyone making it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment