Thursday, June 19, 2014

Review: Witch's Romance



In a nutshell: A romantic comedy series between a 39 year old career woman Ban Ji Yeon and a 25 year old medicine student and part timer Yoon Dong Ha

I just finished this drama last week and I have been setting aside my commitment to write a review because I can't believe that it's already over. But now it's really sinking in that mondays and tuesdays will never be the same again, I think that it's time to make one. 

Throughout the series, there was never a dull moment that was wasted. I don't have anything to dislike about the series, even with the presence of "polar bear" because it became an affirmation regarding the romance shared by Ban Ji Yeon and Yoon Dong Ha. Furthermore, I thought that he wasn't a bad person after all, contrary to the hateful things that has done to Ji Yeon which damaged his image. Also, I felt sorry to him that he was late to be back for her. 

Moving on from that chapter which was the saddest in her life, Yoon Dong Ha is a breath of fresh air to Ji Yeon. He depicts a person whom I would love to meet in real life but I think he's too perfect to be true. Also, I loved that this has showcased Park Soo Joon's versatility as an actor. It turned me into a total fangirl of his and I really look forward to more of his projects in the future. I think that with this drama, it will open many opportunities for him because he needs more recognition in his works. So I will try my best to spread the Park Seo Joon love in the online kdrama community. 

On the other hand, Uhm Jung Hwa's performance was splendid in this series. She's amazing, sexy, very charming, bewitching and everything that has positive adjectives you can associate in her skills and charisma. She's worked very comfortably with Park Seo Joon which was stellar and oozing. It didn't feel like they have a huge age gap at all because she's fun and she's good at channeling her youthfulness.

Overall, I would commend the production team of this show because they were able to wrap up a satisfying series. As expected as well from tvN, one of my favorite cable channels in Korea. The comedy section was very well done, the love story wasn't shallow for a rom com and the enjoyment was a hundred percent. I would give this a highly recommended rating because I think it has its unique value to offer and besides, it introduces us an underrated craft of making rom-com Kdramas. Also, I find the second set of lead characters to be well involved in the story. They are interesting to watch and they have their own portion to deliver through the roles they play.

Most importantly, I will miss the bromance between part timer Dong Ha and Spinach Soo Chul. They need a season 2 for that because I can't get enough. Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment