Thursday, June 5, 2014

Kdrama Updates: Witch's Romance, Triangle, Angel Eyes

Here is an update regarding the kdramas that I am following. I think this is the crucial part for me whether to continue watching or not because they are already halfway their broadcast and I have to pass through this stage to decide. Hmm, I shall start talking about them and let’s find out if they have gotten interesting.

Angel Eyes



Unfortunately, I find it hard getting through episode 10 of Angel Eyes. It’s been like 2-3 weeks since I enjoyed an episode of it. I think I have gotten through the first half of episode 10 and now, I am badly attached at the actors that I can’t afford to drop it. However, the reason why I am thinking twice is that the baddies are starting to make their move in ruining the plot? But still, I have the same concerns about it like I’ve had in my impression. This drama is lacking in terms of sequencing or transition. I find it sometimes hard because they insert scenes which diverts one emotion to another. I feel that it's a bit underwhelming when they suddenly insert the good, but followed by the bad right after. So, I feel like as a viewer, it contradicts the element of consistency hence getting on the way for a smooth transition. I thought, episodes 1-4 were fine regarding the pace but ever since Dong Ju revealed himself to Soo Wan again, it has become predictable. They reunited too fast for me. Plus, I pity the second male lead so much because he was being tossed around when the first love came in the picture. In his place, I feel like Soo Wan cheated on him all the while. I think I need this drama to get rid of its villain plans and keep up with the good. Through this, I think I can still bear to watch it till the final round of events.


Witch’s Romance



OMGE. I’m at episode 12 of this drama and I’m still a huge fan. I love how intense episode 1 was, yet with the upcoming episodes, it has slowed down, and focused on the fillers in the background by making the leads get juicy-fied. So, until now, I am still waiting for the progress of Part-Timer Dong Ha and Team Leader Ji Yeon’s relationship. I think that it has gotten more meaningful since Polar bear came back. Instead of hating him, I would have to thank his return because there will be no regrets for Ji Yeon and Dong Ha in the end that they are suited to be together.

I love the actor behind Dong Ha, Park Seo Joon (read) and I think that it’s one of the reasons why this drama clicked for me. I love his chemistry with Uhm Jung Hwa onscreen and off-screen so my imagination wanders each time I see them together.

instagram: umaizing

Overall, I think that this is an entertaining show. It’s just funny and easy to watch for me because it doesn’t penetrate on the love story itself but also the feeling that the characters have for each other. Hence, it feels good to see friends like part timer and spinach interact and also Ji Yeon and her old friend. It goes to show how important it is for everyone to be involved in making a story. I can say that it has been as interesting show like the first impression I've had of it.

Triangle



I think that I have bias towards this drama and I get competitive when it is mentioned side by side the same dramas airing its time – Doctor Stranger and Big Man. Triangle has so much potential story-wise. The execution has been splendid so far. I’m at episode 10 but it keeps me anchored to look forward. This is very easy to watch for me like Witch’s Romance because it has character development and the plot just thickens every time. I think that it is also engaging in so many aspect and it’s an edge that it will run for 24 episodes. Personally, I love the chemistry of the casts behind the scene that transcends on screen later. Jaejoong has found himself a role, a character as an actor in which he can be proud of because of being immersed with Young Dal. I almost think that I’m not watching Jaejoong but a real persona in his portrayal. All the lead actors have a real solid characterization which is amazing for me. Lee Bum Soo and Im Si Wan are taking their roles in a different class and my eyes go sparkly in sight of their acting. They’re so good.

I’m not really a fan of ratings, so it doesn’t matter whether it gets excellent rating in SoKor or not. This drama is well made and recommended. :P  

No comments:

Post a Comment