Saturday, November 23, 2013

Reaction Post: The Heirs Episodes 11 - 14


Well I would have to speak of the four episodes as a whole and I think I wouldn't even be able to backtrack all of my favorite moments. So basically this is just a wrap up of how satisfying it has been for the past few weeks which I was originally doubtful of in this drama because you know, its history of wasted moments and dull beginnings. Cue "Love is the moment". /cringe

Moving on. Well, the Heirs in general is not the best to be categorized as a great drama, but because they do have actors who are capable in delivering their roles, I'm glad for that cause. And as I move on from the previous bitterness I had, I accept how it is now and they are excelling a lot, at least on the aspect of putting the pieces together as compared to their here and there happenings in previous episodes. The character development is finally taking place as we have passed the middle mark before it ends (which I still refuse to talk about because that would cause a major withdrawal as early as now). So I would have to talk about the characters and their progress in the story rather than the moments for now.

So starting with Kim Tan, we have started to see him as a spoiled brat, but the good things about him are still dominant despite of being a bully at school as perceived and witnessed by the students. Now that we have seen him grow, we could sense that he's developed responsibility in his actions not only for his own but also for the people whom he cares like his family, Cha Eun Sang as well as his extended environment of his which is the school and most importantly *ehem* Choi Young Do *ehem*. Anyway, the gradual open up of one's true self may be hard at first because who would have thought that he's a sweet guy to everyone? He connects well with Hyo Shin sunbae and he's a constant follower of his Hyung, Won. There are a lot of reasons for us to be attracted with Kim Tan as much as character development is concerned. Adding to that, he's only 18 yet he is thinking maturely and is always making sure that others would feel more secured than his own self. Those are really good points to note from him.

Cha Eun Sang - She is our heroine yet the girl who always cried in the previous episodes which kind of annoyed me for the helpless situation she is under. But now, we see her step up for herself as she takes the risks of not being coward to her own circumstances. That basically tells everyone that you have to fight for yourself before letting others fight for you. She is rather undergoing the self help process that is a tough job but a worthwhile one. Kim Tan has supplemented her character well.

Choi Young Do - First of all, I love you. Second, I care for you. And third, you deserve to be happy. He is a character that is misunderstood a lot hence attracting so many negative events around him. The worst thing that could happen is that being left alone. Perhaps, that's how he felt after Kim Tan and his mother left, so he rather focused his attention to bullying other students in the school to suppress the hurtful things he's inflicted to himself. His dad by the way is not worth it at all. He's just the daddy for the sake of bloodline and he never showed affection to him which was such a waste because he's never realized how lucky he is to have a great son, and good looking if I may mention. Haha. Seriously, how can you hate your son? It's time to step down from being authoritative and hug him. That's all it takes. Moving on, he was dumped by Cha Eun Sang from the start. Poor baby~ah. He should realize soon that if it was not for Kim Tan, he wouldn't notice her. Anyway, I think that he needs Kim Tan more than Cha Eun Sang.

Lee Bo Na - I know she is annoying probably because of the character or maybe because the one portraying but I would have to say that she has become likable lately as we don't witness her being jealous of Eun Sang or being mean to her. Well in fact, she's helped her in her own simple ways which you would really appreciate. Our Bona, is not only pretty but also nice.

Myung Soo - As much as I like Hyungshik, I have not seen his character grow. But I guess, I'm still pleased of the fact that he is receiving fun moments in the show and he serves as the ice breaker, most especially that Young Do is a totally different person around him. He's not a fool, or mean. He's just happy-go-lucky guy for everyone to be with.

Hyo Shin - What to do? Kim Tan and Young Do are problematic but I'm most worried for him because he is pressured to be someone he's not by his mother. I can feel the agony and pain all rolled into one in his expression. Can we possibly get him a girlfriend? Because he needs one. But wae, teacher-nim who is also Won's love. Ottoke, my heart is being squeezed right in the middle of the two. I love Hyo Shin, he deserves happiness as well.

Tutor-nim - I wish I could memorize her name by now because it has been a while but she is portrayed by Im Joo Eun. She has received so little exposure which is why I have been suggesting that The Heirs should extend at least for four episodes. We need to settle so many issues here.

Won - Hyung (Kim Tan's pov), do you know how much I long for you too? I wanted you to become a big brother to Kim Tan and you did it subtly but still I was so moved by that small gesture. Thanks a lot. I'm hoping that you'd fully set your issues before this story ends. Ottoke? Everyone deserves a proper ending with conviction which isn't necessarily happy.

Chan Young - He's always been so good to Cha Eun Sang and I'm glad to have him as she protects and helps her as a friend. Not much development but I like his consistency. Well, at least he did not try to fall for Cha Eun Sang. Lee Bo Na is his one great true love in their own fairytale story.

No comments:

Post a Comment