Saturday, October 12, 2013

First Impression: Medical Top Team

Expectation: Kwon Sang Woo, Jung Ryeo Won, Joo Ji Hoon, and Choi Min Ho (SHINee) joining this league of awesome casts. Aside from them, I didn’t know much about the story other than the expected that is to set place most probably amongst medical professionals and all that kind of environment. I’m not sure about the writers or the production team of this drama as well, so there’s nothing that is helping me or to give me confidence of what to anticipate regarding that aspect. I didn’t even thought of watching this, at first but because I wanted to take a risk, probably because The Heirs is taking over the kdrama-verse now where the expectation is above the clouds, I needed a setback from all the hype. In other words, I needed you to be classy and to stand out.

In all fairness to Heirs though, I don’t even expect a quality story from them, all I want is for the actors to deliver and them to provide me entertainment. Hee :D

So, what was it all about? I’m curious as well.

First Impression: Boy, I thought the cinematography in Heirs was glorious already but upon seeing this one, I would have to give it to them. Well, I loved how rich they are with colors which I never expected, and blame it to my assumption that this will go through the serious tone and manner. The camera angles are sharp and I was really impressed at how they are able to sensationalize the scenes shot on the operating room. I knew that they are a bit of an exaggerated illustration though because in real life, we don’t get to hear doctors voicing their genius mind before an operation and all that kind of act. Most of the time, they are just relaxing and even playing music while the operation is going on. It may not look realistic to me, but boy I am impressed by the camera work and the editing of the finished product. Oh and by the way, in appreciation to the actors as well, Joo Ji Hoon has not forgotten his skills I could cry. He’s still part of this industry as I felt and as proved by his comeback on the small screen.
I love the series, totally. Kwon Sang Woo, even with so much familiarity in him, I am still impressed by his facial expressions, and by saying that, he is an effective and a genius doctor in the story. His character is a loving and caring professional to everyone including the patient and extending to the medical staff that it makes me warm and fuzzy inside. WHUT. But yeah, he’s the type of person that I dearly love from a drama. Moreover, his ability to deliver lines through the complex medical terms is even better than that of the real physicians.

I would like to commend Jung Ryeo Won and Min Ho as well so as not to leave them out of the celebration because they are as equally excellent as the two. Well, I think that Min Ho has improved, a lot. I don’t know if that is because he was carried by Jung Ryeo Won’s acting but if that is what it is, big props to her because she gave me the confidence of being at ease whenever they act together. There was this particular scene where I could point exactly that Min Ho would be schooled by an experienced actress but then it came out positively. Because you can see from her facial expression her character and the confidence in doing her own thing while letting Min Ho do his job. Or maybe, I was the only one who felt that way but I appreciate what I saw. It would help the drama and in Min Ho’s improvement. They are a team, afterall.

The story is something that I’d all have to look forward to as I’m already curious by so many things. Obviously, the drama delivered on its first episode. Now, I need them to keep the tempo of that execution running. The comedic acts were spot on, I would have to give them a heart for the light approach that they give off. My happiness and approval is apparent as well so, I suggest that you give this a try. It won’t hurt you, fail you, based on what I have expressed so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment